Our puppy raising program provides a unique opportunity for you to assist Monkey Tail Ranch in helping children and families living with special needs.
Our volunteer puppy raisers provide a great service to the Monkey Tail Ranch program; you will help establish the foundation of early experiences, which are critical in preparing the puppy for advanced training.
This commitment involves four major areas of personal and financial responsibility:
- Provide a safe home environment
- Supply approved food and other supplies required for puppy raising
- Enroll in an approved obedience class
- Submit a monthly progress report
- Keep Monkey Tail Ranch aware of any puppy training situations or behavioral concerns
- Expose the puppy to a variety of environmental and situational experiences
- Agree to follow approved socialization guidelines and handling techniques
- Puppy Raisers agree to pay for transportation costs associated with receiving and returning the puppy
- You must be willing and able to commit to the outlined responsibilities
- You must have the ability to safely house and care for a puppy from eight weeks of age until approximately 12 months of age
- You must be willing and able to devote time each day to oversee the complete care of the puppy: feeding, grooming, socialization, and exercise as recommended by our Monkey Tail Ranch team
- Monkey Tail Ranch pays for all routine medical costs related to the puppy
Please note: You also must have a fenced yard or be willing to create a secure area for the puppy to run freely.
All fields are required. Incomplete forms will not be processed.